Friday, May 13, 2011

TTT, I Am a Champion, so I will ROCK you!

I'm one week away from The American Triple-T.  I'm nervous, I'm definitely doubting myself and my ability to take on a long, hilly, relentless course 4 times in one weekend, my ability to fight through pain multiple times on one occasion, my ability to travel the ironman distance over a full weekend.    At this point the Ironman race seems easier than this race.  With IM I only have to suffer once right, and then it's over and I get my medal and I get to go home.  Instead I have to get myself to the start of the race 4 times.  I have to have three race dinners, and three race day breakfasts.    

So I'm doing what I normally do when I doubt myself, I go onto you tube and watch some of my favorite motivational videos.  I've listened to one repeatedly a few times now so I figured I should share it.  It's good, no, not good, it's great.  It is one of my favorite motivational speeches.  It just brings you to the point when failure is not an option or even a possibility.  




Every race I usually talk to myself, sometimes I sing songs like Eminem's "Lose Yourself" or Foo Fighters "Best of You" or Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime" type stuff.   I also repeat lines to myself, things like "What you feel isn't pain, it's greatness happening" or "Stop Whining".  Well, I think I have a new one to chant next week:  "Who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!"

My favorite part is: 

History will remember me

I will not let worrying affect my cause
I will define myself
I will write my own pages
And no one will tell me what I cannot be
I will never give up
Not until Ive given everything I got
Because who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!




Ahhh, if only I didn't have to wait a week to race now.  






No comments:

Post a Comment