Tuesday, May 31, 2011

a special kind of love

A special Love.   Sorry folks, I'm not blogging about my boyfriend Monkey.  While Monkey is an important part of my training and we have a very special love, I'm not ready to divulge into that part of life quite yet with this blog.  Instead I'm talking about my relationship with my maryK.  maryK and I have been together for a little over a year now.    maryK is my bike.  She's a purrrrrrty Kuota K-Factor in black and white.  I don't have a great picture of just her posing by herself, but below is one of her before I packed the car for Triple-T.  She's great, she really is.  I fell in love with her last season when I was training for Ironman.  It didn't take long, I think it was my first ride on the Madison course when she purred like a kitten on those rolling hills and I knew it was love at that moment.

She's been through a la lot and she still manages to still be amazing.  I guess that's how you know she loves me back.  The best part about her is that she is so forgiving.  Even though I've cursed her out during workouts, cried when she got a flat once, almost threw her into a ditch on a hill, she still manages to rock my world!  maryK was sick last week (she wouldn't shift into the big ring in the front) and I had to bring her to the doctors.  I was so worried about her, I don't know what I would do if she was actually sick with something that couldn't be fixed.  Oh maryK, I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment