Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Recovery from Triple T

Well, I'm in recovery mode right now.  I took off the Monday after the race because I wasn't sure how I was going to feel and also if we were going to be able to drive back after the race on Sunday or not.  We ended up driving back (thanks Ross!) but I still decided to take the day off.

My day off was full of nothing but sleeping.  I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be but I figured it couldn't hurt to start icing right away. I stuffed myself into my recovery sox, made some breakfast..  We were out of milk so I didn't bother making coffee.  I situated myself on the couch and turned on some movie that was free on OnDemand.  Next thing I know I'm waking up and it's 12:30.  I ordered a Pizza from Pizza Hut (guilty pleasure).  Pizza came, I ate it, and then I turn on an episode of Law and Order.  well, next thing I know I'm waking up and it's 3:00.

I decided at that point I should shower and at least get some laundry in.  I also went out and ran some errands.  Came back and had a picnic in the park with Paul.  We got back and I was in bed by 9:00 and asleep (with the TV on) by the time he came into bed at 9:30.

I got a recovery ride in yesterday and I'm going to head over to the gym during lunch to get a short ellipitcal/bike workout.  I feel better than I thought I would.  Things feel good.  I'm still not 100% caught up on sleep but I'm hoping to get a good night rest in tonight and tomorrow so I can be all caught up by the weekend.  I'm still on a recovery workout plan, my long ride this weekend is two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment