Tuesday, May 3, 2011

'Cause Baby We Were Born to Run

I can run again!

yup, the three weeks is over :)  The depression cloud can now move away from me and go storm on someone else.

I broke the rules last night and did a 37 minute run (easy) just cause I needed to get out and do something.  When I say I broke the rules, I mean that I didn't follow the training schedule.  I wasn't supposed to run yesterday and I just did cause I just needed to.  I understand that I'm a hipocrite,  I always say "JUST FOLLOW THE PLAN", but give me a break here.   I was told today (by coach) that I'm allowed to do easy, jogging for up to 30-40 minutes and then I'm supposed to supplement the rest of the workout with the elliptical and then we will re-asses at the end of the week.

I'm a little nervous because I have TTT in three weeks.  Yup, 3 weeks I will spend 3 days completing a super sprint, 2 olympics and a half ironman.  Yet right now I'm only able to run 30 minutes . . . I trust my coach though, so I'm staying calm.   Freaking out won't do anything.

1 comment:

  1. You have the necessary aerobic ability and muscle strength from all of your training up to this point. You did the right thing in backing off and letting your injury heal. You will be fine at the TTT.

    ReplyDelete