Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Toe down

I broke my toe this past weekend.

My big toe on my right foot to be exact.  I stubbed my toe on a shaved off street post while walking Memphis.  I am so annoyed.  If I had the time and energy I would sue the city or the school (it was in front of the catholic school right next to my house).  I'm not sure who is technically responsible but if I was one of those people that needed to blame the results of my spacing out on someone else then I would definitely sue. . . for EVERY LAST PENNY!

When it happened I was more annoyed because I sliced the top of my toe pretty badly.  So I realized I had my tetanus shot 7 years ago.  Apparently they recommend that if you get cut and you haven't had a tetanus shot in 5 years you should  get one within 48 hours. Well that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me, why don't they just have people get the vaccine every 5 years then.  It can't be an expensive vaccine, I mean we've been giving them for 60 years now.

As for the impact this will have on my training, the answer is, I don't know.  I'm not supposed to run on it.  The swimming and biking aren't impacted at all.  The running will be a test.  Coach said that your not supposed to run on a broken toe, but you can.  I personally think that sounds like she's telling me to suck it up and keep running on it.  I will let you know in a couple of days if I decide to suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment