Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No Half Marathon

I was supposed to run a half marathon this weekend.  Last night I was informed by my coach that I would not be running the half marathon this Sunday.  Technically Sunday marks the last day of the three week recovery period for my broken toe.

I guess it makes sense, maybe it's not smart for your first run back from a broken toe to be a half marathon race.

I'm still not happy. I'm not happy because when I planned my race schedule at the beginning of this season I planned this race because it was perfectly timed out for the distances we were running and the program thus far. Plus, based on my race schedule it was perfectly timed on the calendar so I wouldn't be tired from another race or exhausted form training in general.  the Exhaustion starts getting into the swing of things in about a month or so.  June, July and August are pure exhaustion.

So yeh, I'm bummed.  I need to move past this broken tow and the debbie downer it has been so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment