Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Riddance January

Good bye January.

I'm not sad to see you go.  You're my least favorite month of the year and quite honestly you can't blame me for having these feelings.  Your long, dark, cold and just a depressing.  Quite honestly, it's not all your fault.  It's not your fault you come after one of the most party ridden months of the year.  Or that the just about every day of you is below freezing and filled with 9-10 hours of daylight.  Or better yet that you are the epitome of "the dead of winter".    It's not your fault that I spent all my money on Christmas presents and New Year's eve which means that I can't go out and do mediocre indoor activities such as bowling.  It's not your fault that you don't have a good "theme" to your images on the calendar.  Or that you're one holiday has not been commercialized yet so some companies don't celebrate it.  I wish I wasn't delayed do to severe weather for every single flight that I take during you.  What's even worse is that when I'm delayed I can't get something to eat because I'm trying to watch my diet because I'm sticking to my New Year's resolution.  I hate that a good day means I can feel my toes when I get to work.

Good bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment