Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Because I've earned it Ms. New Years Resolution

Dear Ms. New Years Resolution,

I am writing you this letter to ask/tell you that you need to find a different treadmill to use during the lunch hour. If you hadn't noticed, from 11:50AM to 1:00PM the treadmill on the far right of the first row that has the window on the front and ride side with the view of the Chicago River and the Monroe bridge is mine. It's mine because I've earned it through months of hard work, consistent gym use, and good 'ol fashion blood, sweat and tears. I understand that you made a new years resolution to get back to the gym. And I'm not trying to get in the way of your three week stint at the gym. Really, I'm not. I'm just simply saying that you can't just walk in and take my treadmill. Especially when you haven't earned it. There are 17 other perfectly useful treadmills in the gym. There are also spinning, step, cardio kick boxing and a wide array of other group classes that go on during that hour. I've heard those are good for people who are trying to get back in shape.

Kindly,
Tory

PS - If your still around in June we can talk about a possible time share during the lunch hour. Who knows, if you catch me on a good day I might offer you Tuesdays and Thursdays

4 comments:

  1. SO FUNNY, but SO TRUE!!! Don't worry, she will not still be there in June. In fact, I bet she is already gone. If she is still there, you should simply walk by and trip on the power cord while she is on the machine. It would be so funny to see her fall flat on her ugly face! After she falls, shout out something like...."Go home and get back on your cozy couch with the chips and dip and stay there, this treadmill is way too good for you"
    Then yell, "SUCK IT" and walk out.

    ReplyDelete