Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thank heaven for Hills (or at least the incline button on the treadmill)

I KNOW . . . I shouldn't love hills.  Let me be explain.  It's the middle of winter in Chicago so I do all of my hill workouts on a treadmill.  I despise when I see them listed in a workout.  I am cursing them (and my coach) when I'm in the middle of one.  I pissed after I finish a hill interval 'cause my heart is beating out of my chest and my legs are burning and I don't understand why I feel like I'm out of shape.  I LOVE the hills about three weeks later I go for my next long "tempo" run out on the flat Chicago Lakefront path and all of a sudden I hit what should be the part of the workout when I have to convince myself to make my legs move faster.  Except this time there is no convincing because my legs are moving faster all on their own, no convincing needed.  I love hills!

2 comments:

  1. You better love hills. TTT is ALL hills ALL the time. I'm doing my runs with these http://www.acmeclimbing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=794

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ThreeSheets, Does the pick fit in your fuel belt? Just be careful, it could get a little messy if that thing isn't properly hooked into your belt.

    ReplyDelete