Friday, November 11, 2011

A run . . .

So, I decided this week I would start to run again.  It has been 28.5 lbs since I last ran.  Yes ladies and gentleman, the last time I ran was at Ironman. 

I decided I would run for 30 minutes on the treadmill.  It's nice enough down here (We are still having 70 degree days followed by 50 degree nights) but my ipod is broken and I haven't found a replacement yet so I needed the distraction of the TV.  Plus, the road my parents live on is not flat.  You are either running up hill or downhill (my coach can vouch for this).   Since I haven't run a real hill since the Triple-T I figured it wasn't a good idea to start with that. 

The run was hard.  I was running 10 minute miles and it wasn't like my heart was pounding out of my chest or anything, it was just hard to do the movement.  It takes more muscle than the oliptical does (duh).  In fact I was actually sore the next day. 

I am not sure what this means.  I'm considering doing a half marathon in February but I haven't committed yet.  One step at a time with this running thing. 

btw, I weighed in on Wednesday, down 1.5 lbs this past week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment