Thursday, November 17, 2011

I've been running a lot.  In the last 8 days, I've run 5 of them.  I'm rather proud of myself.  I've already noticed that I'm in better running shape than I was a week ago when I got back on the treadmill.

I know I keep mentioning this but I'm very close to signing up for the Merceded Benz Birmingham Half Marathon.  I just need one more week to solidify that I am enjoying myself.  

Ironically I only lost 0.5 lbs this week.  I don't think that my weight loss and running have a positive coorelation.  I didn't lose as much because I ate a large amount on Friday night at a dinner party and then also went out on a date night with Monkey for sushi and we split a bottle of wine.  Since I haven't been drinking now for almost two months (with the exception of a wedding) Paul volunteered to be the DD that night so I had slightly more of the bottle than he did. 

I'm 1.5 lbs away from hitting 30 lbs.  My goal is to be there by Thanksgiving.  I will do this. 

Speaking of Thanksgiving.  Today marks the first of 4 thanksgiving dinners I will be attending.  Today is the UAB School of Health Professionals Dean's Office Thanksgiving, Saturday is my brother's 6th Annual Thanksgiving/Birthday Party, Monday night Paul's grad school class is having one and then Thursday is the official Thanksgiving holiday and I will be attneding the famous Stoutenburg Family Thanksgiving in Albany, NY.  I've been thinking about how I'm going ot manage these events, the food and my goal of hitting 30 lbs before next Thursday.  Then I realized, I don't actually LOVE a lot of the food at Thanksgiving.  If I was going to have a meal that cost me 1000 calories (actually, probably more) I would rather have pizza, or french fries, crab rangoon, pad thai, or chorizo dip.  The point is, it's just not the food I want to waste my calories on.  Now, I will admit, the one thing I love is pumpkin muffins and stuffing.  In fact, I could eat stuffing (or dressing as they call it in the south) and I would be happy.  So i think the goal will be to NOT show up to any event hungry, or without a a bottle of water in my hand.  I really started to love sparkling water.  It's satisfying. 

Anyway, that's the plan, I will let you know if I hit my goal. 

Here we go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment