Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This just in:

On August 24th I will move to Birmingham, Alabama.  Monkey (Fiance) moved there today to go to grad school (Masters in Heatlhcare Management at UAB).  Yesterday I got a job offer so I am officially moving.  It's pretty exciting. Since this is a blog about my training, you should understand how this is going to impact Ironman plans. The tough thing it that I move there and two weeks later I'm back up here for Ironman.  The question that I've gone back and forth with is do I move my

Here is the schedule for the next few weeks

Current week August 8-14:  Rest week
August 15-21: Still in Chicago,  last hard week, Including Epic Saturday (1 mile swim, 6 hour ride and 1 hour run)
August 22-28: 1st week of taper including: Move to Birmingham on August 24th.  I must have done all Open Water Swims at that point 
August 29- Sept 3:  3nd week of taper:  In the pool and on a training/spinning bike since my bike will stay in Chicago.  
Sept 4th:  Race week: 
           Fly to Chicago on Thursday, Sept 8, spend the night in Chicago, pick up bike
           Drive to Madison on Friday, Sept 9th, Race weekend BEGINS

Sept 12: Drive back to Chicago, Fly to Birmingham.

I still need to figure out how i'm going to get my bike back to my new home, Birmingham.  I don't have a bike transport system which makes it hard.  I also don't want to buy one.

This move is requiring me to have the rest of training planned and ready to execute.  I know I need to be flexible with training and moving workouts around, while still getting them done.

Personally, I'm exhausted right now in general from training so it'shard to add this to the mix.







No comments:

Post a Comment