Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Exhausted.

This has been the last week:

Thursday: 18 mile run (on the treadmill) due to work commitments
Friday:  90 minute bike
Saturday: 1:45 swim, 1 hour run
Sunday:  114 mile course ride in Madison, 15 min run
Monday:  Pack apartment and load truck, get official job offer letter.
Tuesday:  Continue to load truck, say good bye to Monkey, go to work and clean apartment of all the stuff that didn't get moved to Birmingham

I was late to meet a friend on Saturday and he asked me if he was getting in the way of my life.  I responded with "No, my life is getting in the way of my life".  Then my coach asked me how my ride was going on Sunday and my response was "I wish the race was tomorrow"  My life just has to many things going on at once.  It's great when just one life event is going on.  Right now there are four: Ironman training, new job, long distance move, and engagement.

I'm just ready to be done at this point.  I am exhausted from the move, new job etc, but also exhausted because that's the point of Ironman training right now.  You're supposed to be tired and training your body to move forward even when you are tired.

Sigh.

I'm sorry to complain to you all but I'm just exhausted.  Monkey has already moved and I can't complain to him so you're getting the brunt of it.  My apologies.




No comments:

Post a Comment