Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mental Prepping

I have a half ironman distance race coming up this weekend (High-cliff) and I'm trying to get myself mentally prepped.  At this point I'm beyond the training distances of a half ironman but this race will be a mental challange for me.  I'm going up by myself (Monkey has to work on Sunday).  I won't be going with a big crew so there is no one to cheer me on or pass and give a high five to on the course.  I'm my biggest (and only) cheer leader out there.  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but it is.  I'm starting to get excited for this race.  Races are so much fun.  For a day, it's all about going out and testing yourself.  It's about pushing yourself harder than you think you can go, it's about reaching the point where you don't think you can give anymore, and then pushing yourself to do more.  To get myself mentally prepped for this race I've been watching some great you tube videos.  Here's one that I wanted to share.  It's the 20101 Versus commercial and it's just AWESOME.    



Here's the Lyrics:

Whether or not you win this thing, you got to decide how your gonna walk out of here when its all said and done. Because the game is going to go on, and theirs only one rule your going to need to know about. 
There are no second chances. 
There is only this moment, and the next one. 
Every one of those moments is a test that you get to take one time, and only one time. 
So if you see an opening tear into it. If you get a shot at victory make damn sure you take it. 
Seize that moment! 
That moment is a cross roads, where everything you want will collide with everything standing in your way. 
You got momentum at your back fear and doubt are thundering like a freight train straight at you. 
And all you got, the only difference between making history and being history. 
The only thing, the only thing your can count on at any given moment is YOU. 
Its you versus them. 
You versus no. 
You versus can't. 
You versus next year, last year, statistics, excuses. 
You versus history. 
You versus the odds. 
Its you versus second place.
Clock is ticking, lets see what you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment