Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break

For the last 6 days I have been in Sunny St. Croix enjoying spring break.  I'm not writing about training cause I didn't do any of it down there.   Yes, I know that in my last blog I wrote about how we should just do what our coach has planned for us.  And I do believe that, but this trip was about a balance.  I have been tri training for months upon months.  I wanted to just take this trip and enjoy it with Monkey without having to worry about sneaking off to get a workout in,  ending our night early so I could wake up and do a ride at 6 AM, or find roads to run on, and all the fun stuff that comes with training in an unfamiliar location  So yes, for 5 days I sat on the beach, snorkeled, swam with fish, boated, drank cruzan rum, read my book club book and relaxed!    

Here's a picture we took from our table at lunch one day,  Yes, that is a fruity cocktail with an umbrella in it.



I promise, I'm back to following the plan today!  2000 swim here I come!

1 comment: