Friday, July 15, 2011

A future swimmer, I hope

First off, sorry I haven't posted in over a week.  Training and life has been crazy.  I won't get into to much on how life has been crazy except to tell you that my 2 1/2 year old Nephew visited me last weekend all the way from the Bay Area!  It was so much fun.  Last week I made sure to get all my big workouts (bike and runs) in during the week because I knew I wouldn't want or have time to get out and do them when he was here.  He was a pistoll, let me tell you that.  We hit up the Lincoln Park Zoo, Montrose Beach, Kuma's Corner, a block party, a regatta, Burger Fest.  Hanging out with him might have been harder than an Ironman.  His curiosity combined with lots of energy leads him to be ON all the time.  At one point he was just running in circles in a bedroom as I chased him.  He did this for 45 minutes straight.  He just found it hilarious.  The other thing is he LOVES water.  He wanted to be in the water at Montrose beach all the time.  He wined when we had to get out.  He loved when I dunked him under and always wanted to go deeper and deeper.  I'm hoping his parents put him on the swim team in a few years.  His daddy is 6'5 and his mom is 5'7.  I'm guessing that there is a good chance he will be tall.  Tall people make great swimmers.

Just saying. I can't tell you how much this kid had me wrapped around his little finger.  He is at that age where he just says the funniest things.  During the weekend Aunt T (that's me) managed to get a flat tire.  (By the way, I found myself speaking in the third person ALL THE time while he was here.  I'm not sure why we do that to little kids, doesn't make a whole lot of sense).  As we sat on Belmont ave and waited for my brother in law to change the flat he just kept saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh".  I am curious where he learned that phrase, and how to use it at the perfect time.

Below are some photos of the weekend:





No comments:

Post a Comment