Monday, July 25, 2011

Forgive me readers for it has been 10 days since I last blogged

I'm sorry, I've ben a little distracted.  I am excited to announce that Monkey and I are engaged!  Yes, Ms. TryToryTri is now promised to Mr. Monkey.

It happened a week ago.  Sunday evening I came home from walking the dog to find the living room to covered in rose petals.  Monkey was in a suite and tie and down on one knee.  It was so fun.  I started crying and after he asked he hugged me and then said "does that mean yes" to which I responded "Of course".  It has been a very fun filled week full of celebrating and fun phone calls with friends back east.  

In the middle of celebrating and trying to start wedding reception site in downtown Chicago I have had a little trouble staying focused on Ironman and getting workouts in.  In fact every day last week I had champagne or wine.  How can I knot enjoy and celebrate this time right now.  I think I got 3 days of working out in last week of the required 6.  I did manage to get my long ride in which was good.  The engagement was also coupled with record high temperatures and humidity in Chicago so that didn't help the cause.

Well, Saturday, after being in engaged la la land all week I got my behind out of bed and drove to Madison for a course ride.  I actually managed to over sleep so I didn't get to Madison till 8:45.  I was on the bike by 9:00.  I was riding by myself and was just lost in my own thoughts.  I think that's when it hit me.  "It" being the moment when I realized that I'm actually engaged.  I started getting emotional on my bike.  Yes, I cried tears of joy on my bike.  It was a very special moment for me.

So training is busy, now I'm wedding planning and them tomorrow I leave town to go to Iowa for Ragbrai.  Ragbrai is a week long ride across the state of Iowa.  I'm joining mid week because I couldn't take the entire week off.  We will ride from West to east and end in Daventport.  Each night we camp (Yippeeee) and there are lots of fun stops along the way every day.  I'm super duper excited.  I promise I will post when I get back from Ragbrai and I might even give a mid week ride update from the middle of no where Iowa if I can get reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment