Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bull Crap

So one of the "pros" of moving to Birmingham was that we wouldn't have harsh winters.  I'm not going to pretend that the mild winters was enough to outweigh the cons of moving from a city like Chicago to Birmingham but it was the MAJOR pro for me.  I was heavily looking forward to the day I would go for a ride outside in a tank top and then text my friends back in Chicago who were still stuck on a computrainter keeping themselves protected from two feet of snow outside.

Well, this year has been one of the warmest winters for Chicago in ages.  Average temperatures are something like 6.5 - 11.5 degrees above normal (depending on the source you refer to).   Most of my friends keep posting that they are enjoying their runs outside along the lake front and how awesome it is to not have pulled out their snow boots yet. 

It's been nice down here in Birmingham.  The coldest it got was 26 degrees one night which was totally fine because it was 48 degrees the next day.   Most of the time the days are pretty mild, like in the 45-55 range which is great.

But still, the whining will continue.  Chicago could you please get a little colder so I could enjoy this "pro" a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment